Samuel B. Adams, MD
Associate Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Adams’s research focuses on post-traumatic ankle arthritis, in particular assessing the metabolite differences in ankle arthritis and searching for new metabolite biomarkers of arthritis and the metabolic association between arthritis and depression.
In 2017 and 2015, Dr. Adams received the J. Leonard Goldner Award from the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society for the best basic science paper.
In 2019, Dr. Adams was awarded the top poster at the American Orthopaedic Association's (AOA) 132nd Annual Meeting.
In 2020, Dr. Adams received the Frank H. Bassett, III, MD Teaching Award from the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke
- Common link of tryptophan metabolism in osteoarthritis and depression
- 3D bioprinting of cartilage and bone
- Development of post-traumatic arthritis
Selected Publications & Grants
- Samuel B. Adams, MD, Principal Investigator
- Terese Camp, Lab Manager
- Hidetoshi Tsushima, MD, PhD, Postdoctoral Research Scientist
4709 Creekstone Drive, Suite 200, Durham, NC 27703
DUMC 2887, Durham, NC 27710