We are one of the largest academic orthopaedic departments in the United States. According to recent US News and World Report rankings, we are the highest ranked for orthopaedics in the Southeast and the only hospital ranked in the top 50 in North Carolina. Our three Duke hospitals are ranked in the top five in the state for orthopaedics.
- 97 Orthopaedic Faculty
- 20 Doctoral Program of Physical Therapy Faculty
- 11 Occupational Therapy Doctorate Faculty
- 40 Orthopaedic Residents (Trainees)
- 17 Orthopaedic Clinical Fellows
- 12 Research Faculty
- 43 Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
- 29 Research Trainees
- 169 employees (not including faculty)
In 2022 we treated 200,000+ patients in our clinics and performed over 20,000 procedures.
Our clinical faculty are organized across eight surgical subspecialties, including:
- Foot & Ankle
- Joint Reconstruction
- Sports Medicine