What is COORDS?
COORDS partnered with clinicians, Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) and the Analytic Center of Excellence (ACE) to create an internal solution for the patient-reported outcome (PRO) and data needs of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
By fulfilling the mission and vision of COORDS, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery will become a leader in innovative, data-driven care practice within the field of Orthopaedics.
COORDS Mission and Vision
Our mission is to create a learning health system supported by a data infrastructure to optimize patient-centered, data-driven and valued-based clinical decision making.
Our vision is to:
- Implement standardized patient reported outcome (PRO) collection across all Divisions in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Seamlessly integrate data capture both inside and outside the routine clinical encounter by leveraging novel approaches within the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Provide a data infrastructure that supports important quality improvement initiatives and high-impact clinical research projects
- Implement an operational learning health system by creating clinical decision support tools that improve quality and precision of care
- Develop clinically meaningful and timely visualizations and data interfaces that are disseminated and highly valued by clinical stakeholders