- CRU Process
- CRU Feasibility Intake Form submission (Form)
- Assistance with IRB submission
- CRC allocation and effort determination for studies
- Discussion of process/flow of prospective study
SHEKEYA COUNCIL (Research Administration Support Resource)
- Budgeting for a non-industry project >40K
- Methodological support for a federally funded study
- Mentorship for NIH funding
- Methodological support for a non-federally funded study
- Manuscript review (editorial oversight) prior to submission
- Sample size estimation & determining statistical tests
- Mentorship for NIH funding
STEVE GEORGE AND CHAD COOK
- Biostatistics for unfunded research
- Biostatistics for funded research
- Duke Office of Clinical Research (DOCR)
DOCR supports the Clinical Research Units (CRUs), including all School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students, by developing the navigation, tools, and training for the conduct of clinical research in which Duke serves as an investigative site.
- Duke Office of Research Support (Funding Opportunities)
Duke’s Office of Research Support provides information on funding sources for research and other scholarly projects.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
The IRB ensures the protection of human research subjects by conducting a scientific and ethical review of research studies while providing leadership and education for the research community.
- Office of Audit, Risk, and Compliance
The Office of Audit, Risk, and Compliance oversees compliance activities across Duke.
- Office of Research Contracts (ORC)
The Office of Research Contracts (ORC) supports Duke University School of Medicine and School of Nursing research and educational efforts by drafting, reviewing, negotiating, signing, and performing certain administrative functions regarding agreements with external industry, non-profit/foundation, and government entities for the funding and conduct of clinical and non-clinical research and CME and non-CME educational programs. ORC additionally supports all Duke faculty in establishing appropriate documentation for exchanges of research materials, confidential information, data, technical know-how, and equipment in support of research across the University.
- Office of Research Administration (ORA)
The Office of Research Administration generates systems for research administration performed at Duke University School of Medicine, Duke University Health System, and Duke University. Among these systems, there are three main database applications that facilitate the management and electronic submission of sponsored research projects.
- Office of Research Support
This University office, under the guidance of the Vice Provost for Research, oversees several administrative areas for research: the Grants, Contracts, & Compliance group; the Funding Opportunities group; the Office of Human Subjects Protection; and the Office of Export Controls.
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
The Office of Sponsored Programs performs the post-award administration of sponsored projects.